June 5, 2017

Hey Y'all!

Well today marks the first day of my last transfer. Kinda crazy how fast time is going by!

This week was pretty much same old same old. We still haven't been able to meet with Jennifer. We keep texting and calling the family that she stays with on the weekends and they aren't giving us any updates on what's going on. It's sorta frustrating that we can't really do anything at this point.

We did meet with the Best family this week. They are doing good. We talked a little about him gettting the lessons and working towards being baptized. He said that he would like to give it a try. The only thing is that they won't be able to meet for another two weeks. So we won't really see anything happen with that for a little while.

We aren't really able to find anyone through our own efforts. I am a strong believer that God has to trust the ward before he will let people start getting baptized. And I feel just because of the missionaries in the past, the members have a bad taste of missionary work. So mostly what we are doing is visiting members to get them on the same page. And we get have some awkward visits, even with active members. Just them basically saying they don't want anything to do with us. And I think that I've learned one thing from all of this. And from my mission as a whole. Usually missionaries come back home and say that they want to be like the people they served because of what they were taught by them. And have the same characteristics they have. But I am the complete opposite. I don't want to be anything like the people here. They are just way too selfish and only have the desire to help themselves. It's pretty ridiculous sometimes. So I am grateful that I have had that experience.

I gotta get running now, I might be able to send some pics a little later on in the day.

Hope you all have a good week.